Thursday, April 9, 2009

5 Things

My friend Sara tagged me about 3 weeks ago, and I am just now getting to this.  It seemed like the easiest way to ease back into blogging, because the content and format were already laid out for me, and that's about the level of energy and creativity I can muster right now.  If you've talked to me recently I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record, but I am SO tired.  I'm afraid I might be tired for the next twenty years.  Oh well.  My dad promises me I will miss all of this someday, and I choose to believe him.  It makes it a lot easier to get through the day, the week, the project, whatever, if you enjoy it while you're doing it!


5 Things I was doing 5 years ago:

1. Turning 30
2. Delivering my 6th baby, Cannon James-and little did I know how he would change my life:)
3. Happily watching my sister Amy fall in love and get married to her incredible husband Don
4. Putting my trust in the Lord and my husband Jody as I watched him drive down the street headed for Florida to try and launch a new business-leaving me with six children 9 and under, serving as primary president, teaching 2 children's performing groups and doing pest control scheduling from my home.  Happy to say, it all paid off!
5. Welcoming Jody back home two days before Christmas after two very long months, happy to have my family back under one roof!  

5 Things on my to do list for today:

1. Laundry, what else?
2. Drive for what seems like an eternity-(schools are a lot further away now that we've moved, I've used almost 3/4 a tank of gas since Tuesday morning)
3. Make a really nice dinner
4. Be patient
5. Make sure my kids know they're loved (p.s.- I cleaned the house yesterday, don't think I'm a slacker!)

5 things I would do with a million dollars:

1. Pay off my house
2. Put away enough money for six missions and eight weddings
3. Take all of my kids to go and see Amy and Don in Europe
4. Buy some land in the mountains
5. Help other people ( I know it sounds like the pageant answer, but really, what else would I need?)

5 places I have lived:

1. Provo, Utah
2. Walpole, Massachusetts 
3. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4. Katy, Texas
5. Laie, Hawaii

5 jobs I have held:

1. Dishroom worker at BYU
2. Phone operator at BYU-Hawaii (best job on campus)
3. Orthodontic Assistant
4. Piano Teacher
5.Teaching childrens Musical Theater groups

5 things I want to be doing in five years:

1. Watching Conner graduate from high school
2. Having my girl back home for the summer after her first year of college and loving every minute of it
3. Be a positive, happy person- despite the demands of teenagers, tweens, young children, and probably a few toddlers to boot!
4. Spend more time with my best friend (Jody), although that's probably a little optimistic. (See #3)
5. Maybe, possibly, working on a degree

5 people I tag:

1. Amy
2. Amy
3. Heidi
4. Jessica
5. Bobbi



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading these things about you. You are such a great example of how life should be. I am so glad 5 years ago you had that Cannon James so he could change all our lives. For the better too. I mean that. I love him and I love your family more and more through his eyes. He may have his moments but that boy loves so easily. Glad you are back to blogging.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Angela, I love reading your blog. You're such a great person and I am so lucky to have you as a sister. If I win a million dollars, I'll fly you guys out to see us...until then, I'll be home in one month! Yea!
Amy

Carr Family said...

You are so cute and I miss having you around! I am so glad I tagged you and made it easier to get back into the whole blogging thing. Your blog is always so uplifting to me, I really admire your positive attitude through all of life's changes:) I seriously can't imagine the amount of laundry 8 kids produce... I feel completely overwhelmed by 3 kids' worth!