Thursday, November 13, 2008

Peaches Anyone?

We decided to can peaches this year.  It became a family project and we had a blast.  Even Jody got really into it.  He was in charge of the actual canning process, which we did outside on a two burner camping stove.  We did 50+ jars, so it was nice to have two canners going.  We had so much fun that we decided to do applesauce and apple filling as well.  Pictures of that coming soon...


          
                             















The kids think of this as "fun work".  I wish I knew how to make cleaning bedrooms, scrubbing toilets, mowing the lawn, etc... seem like "fun work"!  If I ever discover that secret, I'm sure I'll be rich...or at least a little happier!

















1 comments:

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

To let everyone know yet again just how amazing Miss Angela and family are. 24 of those jars she did and gave to my family. We (Angela and I) were supposed to get together the very next day to do the peaches together but she showed up with them all beautifully canned all done. I think the memories with the kids was much more important. Thanks again for all your hard work. My kids beg to eat them. I almost hate to eat all of them because they are so beautiful and so delicious.
Amy