Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beautiful Things

It's just after ten in the morning and here I sit, still in my pajamas.  Jody came back to pick up something he forgot just as I was getting home from the bus stop earlier this morning and my secret was out.  I actually drive to the bus stop IN MY PAJAMAS.  This morning it wasn't even a t-shirt and yoga pants.  They were flowery, pastel covered, matching pants and button down top.  But I digress.  I could feel frustrated that I haven't showered or dressed, started the laundry, done Brooklyn's hair, dressed Colton,......

But I am choosing to be happy.  Happy in the moment.  Grateful.  Grateful for beautiful things.

Like...
  • a husband/best friend who quickly cleaned up breakfast and swept the kitchen when he ran back home for his forgotten item.  
  • Brooklyn and Cannon enjoying applesauce for their morning snack- the applesauce that reminds me of a night spent with my beautiful children and amazing husband cooking apples and making memories.
  • Fat baby feet to kiss.
  • Kids that tell me they love me every morning when they get out of the car.  
  • Pouty lipped little girls in pigtails and mommy's red high heels
  • Yummy red head babies that wake up from naps smiling so big that their happiness is irresistibly contagious
  • Teenage daughters that are as gorgeous on the inside as they are on the out
It is now the next day and I never did complete my list of beautiful things to be grateful for, but it makes a decided difference in experiences, moments, and days to choose to be happy and grateful.  I choose to be happy today!

1 comments:

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

Well said. I was just about to choose to be tired and a little grumpy today. I do have a little cause to but due to your beautiful post I too am going to choose to have a wonderful, happy, content and productive day.

Thanks
Amy