Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Conversations

These conversations entertained me, and I've got to write them down so that someday when I'm old (in like ten years or so) and my kids say "did I ever say anything funny?" I'll be able to come up with something.


(Doing homework with Crew)
Me: Crew, you are reading so well! I can't believe how good you're getting!

Crew: (Smacks his hand on his forehead) Aahh! Cooper just asked me if I could read and I told him no. I better run find him and tell him I can!!!

(The boys are into running on the trampoline in socks so that they can build up static electricity and shock each other. I know, I know. Boys.)

Crew: I always run out of shocks so fast! Cooper and Conner have way more shock power. I think it's because their socks are furrier. My socks just run out of juice so fast!



Me: Cannon, I'm so glad you've been getting a green light everyday at kindergarten. And I'm really glad that you are being such a good friend to the other kids in your class.

Cannon: Yeah mom, I'm a really good friend. I don't hit them, or kick them, or throw rocks or even sticks at them!

Watch out for that boy. His definition of a "good friend" is pretty broad.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here just giggling!

Collette said...

Oh, I LOVE these! I can so relate now to the "boy" way of thinking. Yours are darling!

Jess said...

Thanks for the 7:23am chuckles. Your boys made my day a little bit brighter!

Jess said...

7:36- shock power... still laughing

Rhonda said...

Hey Angela,

This is Rhonda..Emily's mom (from kindergarten). Emily still talks about Crew. Apparently they still play at recess sometimes. Did you know that Connor and Julia are now in K together? Those are pretty funny comments those boys made. My boy makes me laugh too (and almost cry a bit).

Don and Amy Bennion said...

That picture of Cannon kills me. That kid os so cute! That definition sounds like my boys as well. Also, the story of Crew and reading is so so funny. I'm still laughing. I think we took a picture of Crew in front of the Christus statue when you came up to Utah for Will's blessing (that was so nice of you to come up by the way, we loved it). It's just wierd to see the same background and same person, only four years older. He is getting so grown up. I really can't wait until we can see each other more regularly!

Love you!
Amy