Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ms. Schmidt

Crew has always had a difficult time with names. And he frequently gets words mixed up. It makes me laugh daily. Not in a "making fun" of way, but in a "I could hug you forever and ever" kind of way. A few recent examples:


Crew: Mom, I'm just going to pop (hop) over the fence and ring their ring-bell.

Crew: Dad, Meesha got out again today. Did you clob (clog) up all the holes in the fence?

Mom: Crew, don't go to first grade. I'll miss you too much.
Crew: That works out fine for me. I hate phonogram test-es.

Mom: This is Uncle Alan's car.
Crew: Uncle Alan? I don't think I've ever heard of him.

There are so many more, but I'm drawing a blank. But today was my favorite. It was the two little boys turn to go school shopping with me. (and can I just say, it is SO unlike me to leave this til the last minute....I mean EXACTLY like me....) I try and make it a fun day- we get lunch together and try and laugh and have fun. So we were sitting and eating lunch and this is the conversation:

Mom: Crew, your new teacher's name is Ms. Schmidt.

Crew: Sch.... what?

Mom: Schmidt

Crew: (thoughtful and slow) Sch....it..m (I'm so embarrassed to even write this! and of course Crew has no idea that this is a not nice word.)

Me laughing

Crew: Hopefully she'll let me call her something else. I don't think I can say that.

Unless things improve I hope they let him call her something else too!


6 comments:

Collette said...

Oh, that's hilarious. We are laughing out loud over here. Love that little boy.

kristin kempton said...

So funny! What a sweet boy! We miss you.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

I hope she lets him call her something else too! Otherwise he may spend some time in he office for his language problem! hehe

Kaylee said...

So how did the first days go? Do we have another name yet?

Greta said...

i totally want to know what the kids or just Crew call her now! Ms. S or if I was her, i would totally give myself something fun like, Ms. million dollar smile or Ms. Happy. Crew is so cute and reading your stuff makes me miss you guys so much!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Can I just borrow Crew for a few days? I would love to be around him, hearing all these funny things.